Newmarket: Madness to play Newmarket Nights next July
Newmarket Racecourses will be turned into a House of Fun next year with the return of Madness.
Suggs, Chas Smash, Barzo, Chrissy Boy, Thommo and Woody will perform pop classics such as One Step Beyond, Baggy Trousers and It Must Be Love at Adnams Newmarket Nights on the July Course on Friday, July 19, 2013.
More than 100,000 saw concerts there this year, including more than 21,000 people for Madness’ appearance in June.
“Madness were hugely popular with our visitors in the summer and we are delighted to have been able to book them again. It’s going to be a fantastic evening of horse racing and pop music and I’m sure many thousands of the band’s fans will be with us on July 19,” said Amy Starkey, regional director of Jockey Club Racecourses.
It’s already been announced that the Kaiser Chiefs will play there on August 2. There remaining five acts appearing at the July Course on June 21 and 28, July 26 and August 9 and 16 will be announced soon.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are on sale now.
Suggs - My Life Story in words and music comes to Ipswich Corn Exchange on June 2.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 7 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs