Newmarket student hopes to make finals of Britain’s Got Talent
- Credit: Archant
A proud Newmarket family are willing their son on to victory in the semi-final of Britain’s Got Talent on ITV
Aaron Peart, 20, is a member of The Collaborative Orchestra, who are expected to perform on tonight’s live semi-final of the ITV reality show.
Aaron, who is now at university in London but attended Newmarket College, is a singer with the group.
His mum’s partner Ian Goodman said Aaron had made them all proud, describing them as a “very talented group of youngsters”.
“It’s a very proud moment for everybody that knows him,” he said. “We’ve all said it doesn’t matter how he does. To have got this far in the nation’s eyes you’re a winner because you’ve got on the live finals.
“The fact he’s got this far is brilliant enough. If they can go further then all the better.”
Ian said Aaron’s mum Amanda Peart had printed off leaflets urging people to watch and vote for her son tonight and was handing them out around Newmarket.
- 1 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 2 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 3 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
“She’s standing in the streets handing out flyers – she’s over the moon,” he said earlier today.