Newmarket: The Saturdays and Lawson to play racecourse
- Credit: Archant
THE Saturdays and Lawson will play Summer Saturday Live at Newmarket Racecourses this summer.
Since forming in 2007, Una Healy, Rochelle Humes, Mollie King, Frankie Sandford and Vanessa White have had 11 top ten singles including All Fired Up and Higher plus three top ten albums.
Lawson hit the mainstream while supporting The Wanted on tour two years ago. They had a great 2012, with three top ten singles. Their debut album, Chapman Square, reached number four in the charts.
“It’s fantastic to be announcing a double bill of music for our first Summer Saturday Live of 2013,” said Amy Starkey, regional director of Jockey Club Racecourses.
“The Saturdays and Lawson are really popular bands and our spectators will love them when they bring their infectious music to the July Course. It will be an occasion not to be missed.”
You may also want to watch:
They will perform on June 8. Tickets are on sale now. For the latest entertainment news follow entertainment writer Wayne Savage @WhatsonWayne on Twitter
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology