Noise of Art gig launchs new Woodbridge club night
- Credit: Archant
Award-winning Czech singer Maella joins forces with Noise of Art founder DJ Ben Osborne for an intimate performance promoting a new club night in Woodbridge.
The March 3 event, at The Crown, starts at 7pm.
A fast rising star in her home country, she’s been winning plaudits in London for her raunchy soulful voice and diverse fusion of influences, which include PJ Harvey, Janis Joplin and Massive Attack.
She recently won the best new song category at this year’s equivalent to the Czech Grammy’s.
Osborne will follow with some of his trademark dance floor fillers.
Entry is free but you’re advised to register for free tickets in advance. Visit www.noiseofart.org for more about the gig and Noise of Art’s other exciting projects.
These include a series of London shows in venues like the National Portrait Gallery, Big Chill Bar, The Hog, Kamio, The Lockside and Jazz Cafe where Noise of Art is appearing as part of the Convergence and Bluedot festivals.
From March 16-April 9 April, Noise of Art and London’s Red Gallery team-up to present French Touch - the first exhibition of photographs, film and artwork documenting the story of French electronic music from the start of the 20th Century to the present day.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 4 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 5 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 8 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 10 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
A compilation album of rare French electronics is also being released by Lo Recordings as part of the exhibition.