Norwich: Hollywood star Ewan McGregor seen filming at cathedral
Hollywood star Ewan McGregor has been filming his latest movie at Norwich Cathedral.
Scenes for the film Jack the Giant Killer are currently being filmed inside the historic city landmark.
On Twitter a number of people reported seeing Ewan outside the cathedral yesterday afternoon.
The film, which is being made by Red Lion Films, also stars Ian McShane, Bill Nighy and Nicholas Hoult, however the unit publicist said she could not confirm which actors were filming at the cathedral.
The movie is described as a modern day fairytale in which the long-standing peace between men and giants is threatened, as a young farmer leads an expedition into the giants’ kingdom in hope of rescuing a kidnapped princess.
You may also want to watch:
Filming is set to take place at the cathedral until Friday and also on Monday and Tuesday next week.
Jack the Giant Killer is due for release next year.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 7 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 8 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 9 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop