PettaFiesta festival line-up to be revealed at pop-up performance by The Deben Collective
- Credit: Archant
The Deben Collective will be calling on Pettaugh phone-box on bank holiday Monday for a pop-up performance announcing this year’s PettaFiesta line-up.
The three-day music and arts festival, running July 8-10, features original live music, art, spoken word, theatre, film, comedy, children’s activities and food.
All money raised at the event will go to the Teenage Cancer Trust. Around seven people aged 13-24 are diagnosed with cancer every day in the UK. The trust aims to create world-class cancer services for young people in the UK, providing life-changing care and support so they don’t have to face cancer alone.
The Deben Collective are headed up by Jan Pulsford, who has worked with the likes of Cyndi Lauper and the Thompson Twins. The electronica, jazz funk fusion group will perform an improvised score to accompany an outdoor screening of the 1925 revolutionary propaganda masterpiece Battleship Potemkin at the festival. They suggested the May 30 pre-concert, which starts at 11am.
“The pop-up concert will be both a celebration of the transformation of the Pettaugh phone box into a communal arts hub but will also be a fantastic prelude to the main event and an opportunity to announce the full line-up for the festival,” says Jane Dyball, who hosts PettaFiesta alongside Andy Corrigan at their 12-acre moated home.
You may also want to watch:
“We can promise a fantastic line-up of acts and activities to suit all age groups. Acts will include some of the best emerging UK and international bands and appearances from high profile figures from the literary, theatrical and art scenes.”
Hundreds of people are expected at the festival, held in Pettaugh, between Stowmarket and Ipswich. Tickets are available now from www.pettafiesta.com. Visit www.teenaagecancertrust.org for more information about the charity’s work.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash