Pointless star Alexander Armstrong brings his first stand-up show to Ipswich Corn Exchange
- Credit: Archant
Alexander Armstrong is embarking on his first stand-up tour, exploring the idiosyncratic avenues his career has taken him down
Pointless star Alexander Armstrong is all mouth and trousers - or so the publicity for his new show suggests.
Armstrong is returning to his comedy roots as he embarks on his first ever stand-up tour with 'All Mouth and Some Trousers'. It will take him to 18 venues across the UK including the Ipswich Corn Exchange on November 14.
In his hilarious new one-man show, Alexander Armstrong bares all, taking us through the strange netherworld of the fledgling sketch comedian and giving us an up-close glimpse of the Trousers behind the Mouth. If you follow.
Expect a jam-packed evening of candid stories, knockout songs, laughter, music and no small relief that when we said 'bares all' we only meant it figuratively.
You may also want to watch:
Alexander said: "Live comedy is where my roots lie. It is where I come from, and it's still my great love. I'm so excited to be coming back to it. One thing I do know, it's going to be enormous fun"
Bringing him firmly back to his comedy roots, this brand-new stage show sees Alexander exploring the characters, the strange adventures and the mad twists and turns he's encountered on his journey through the rocky foothills of a show business career.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
From Armstrong & Miller to Pointless, from Classic FM to Peppa Pig, hear the voice that launched a thousand products finally spill the beans, and answer the burning question of the ages: Why must the Curry's sale end now?
He says: "There will be shocking candour. There will be comic songs. There will - please God - be trousers!"
Alexander Armstrong "All Mouth And Some Trousers" is at the Ipswich Corn Exchange on November 14. Tickets are now on sale via www.alexanderarmstrongontour.com or direct from venues.