Bake Off's Sandi Toksvig leads star line-up at Primadonna Festival
- Credit: Denise Bradley
A literary festival highlighting work of female writers was held in Stowmarket this weekend.
The Primadonna Festival — a "staycation weekend" which strives to "tackle the current imbalance in the literary and publishing world" — was held at the Museum of East Anglian Life from July 30 to August 1.
Famous faces appeared at events across the weekend - including Bridgerton star Adjoa Andoh, restaurant critic Grace Dent and former Great British Bake Off host Sandi Toksvig.
In case that was not enough, the QI host could also be seen driving a traction engine.
As part of the Primadonna festival's mission to open up access to the publishing industry, the organisation awards the Primadonna Prize to unsigned and unrepresented new writing talent.
You may also want to watch:
The prize includes a literary agent and £500.
The event was previously held in Pettaugh in 2019, before being forced online by the pandemic last year.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12