Review: Simply Red, Thetford Forest, last night
- Credit: Archant
Simply the best.
No, not a cover version of the well known Tina Turner hit... but three words which sum up a wonderful night under the stars in the company of one of the best known and best loved bands to come out of the UK.
Mick Hucknall and his Simply Red just never fail to impress.
And last night was no exception with his reformed band as they launched into the third gig of their 42-date European tour.
In the shelter of the huge clearing in the forest thousands of fans gathered to pay homage to the seven-piece band and to sing along with their oh-so-familiar songs.
You may also want to watch:
They included Look At Me Now, Come To My Aid, Night Nurse, For Your Babies, Holding Back The Years, It’s Only Love, Look In The Mirror, Stars, Do The Right Thing, Sunrise, Fairground, Money’s Too Tight To Mention and many more covering 31 years of Simply Red music.
He had the huge gathering in front of him singing, swaying, dancing and clapping the evening away during his pulsating set.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 5 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 6 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 7 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 8 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 9 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 10 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery
And they kept on clapping and cheering right through to the end of the memorable 90-minute set as the band came back on stage for two encores to end a wonderful evening.