Review: Sir Tom thrills race-goers at Newmarket Nights
THE familiar voice of Sir Tom Jones rang out around the racecourse at Newmarket last night – and what a sound it was.
Fans of the dynamic Welsh singer packed the course for another of the stunning Newmarket Nights events.
And they were not disappointed with one of the top stars of the BBC hit series The Voice, which featured Sir Tom as one of the four high-profile judges.
The terrific tonsils of the dynamic baritone were in prime form throughout his 90-minute set as he performed a raft of hits and showed why he continues to amaze his followers despite his advancing years.
Now 72, Sir Tom was in superb form, as was his backing band, which pumped out a pulsating repertoire.
You may also want to watch:
And he had the thousands attending singing along to his most famous tunes which included Delilah, It’s Not Unusual and Green, Green Grass of Home.
Thomas John Woodward, from Pontypridd, was in top form as he gracefully segued from ballad to rock.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 10 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
What’s New Pussycat?, Fall in Love, The Full Monty hit song You Can Leave Your Hat On, Sex Bomb, and Mama Told Me Not to Come were all featured.
The set had the audience in raptures as they clapped, stamped their feet and swayed along.
And there was the usual array of colourful underwear waved by his adoring female followers.
It was another fantastic in this year’s Adnams Newmarket Nights series, which began on June 22 with Madness and continues next Friday, August 17.
There will also be Jessie J, along with Summer Saturday Live with Steps, on August 25.