Sci fi stars at festival
FOR an out of this world experience this weekend, join the stars of sci fi classics including Star Wars, Dr Who and Red Dwarf in Norwich.
Norwich Sci Fi Club’s Sci Fi Festival takes place on Sunday, November 7, at the University of East Anglia, Lower Common Room, Earlham Road, from 10am-4pm, raising money for MacMillan Cancer, the British Heart Foundation, the terminally ill children’s charity Cherished Memories, the East Anglian Air Ambulance and The Big Cat Rescue Trust.
Special Celebrity Guests include Red Dwarf’s Chris Barrie and Norman Lovett, Star Wars, Willow and Harry Potter star Warwick Davies; Darth Vader himself David Prowse, Kenny “R2D2” Baker and the Doctor Who villain Davros, aka Terry Malloy among others.
Throughout the day there’ll be a variety of costumed look-a-likes including Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Stormtroopers, Ghostbusters, Batman and many more as well as traders and exhibitors selling and displaying a range of sci fi themed goods.
Visitors can meet the Daleks and watch their audience with show as well as audiences with some of the other celebrities.
You may also want to watch:
See www.norwichscficlub.co.uk for more details.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season