See pictures as SODS perform The Railway Children at Stowmarket’s The John Peel Centre
- Credit: Andy Abbott
The annual summer production in Stowmarket is underway, with families invited to see The Railway Children this week.
The Stowmarket Operatic and Dramatic Society (SODS) are performing Edith Nesbit’s best loved children’s book at the John Peel Centre until Saturday, August 26.
There are performances each evening at 7.30pm, with additional matinees on Thursday and Saturday at 2.30pm.
Early week performances are all sold out although there is still availability on Friday evening and for both performances on Saturday.
The play is being performed ‘in-the-round’, with the actors close to, and surrounded by, the audience which will be seated on all four sides of the acting area.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £12, with concessions costing £10, and are available from The John Peel Centre box office on 01449 774678, which is open from 10am to 2pm Monday to Friday. You can book online at www.johnpeelcentre.com
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'