Sensational summer at Newmarket Racecourse - and still more fun and excitement to come
- Credit: Archant
More than 200,000 people have enjoyed the Adnams July Course at Newmarket Racecourses this year with the finale a performance by McBusted next Saturday.
The climax on Friday, August 28, and Saturday, August 29, features a Superheroes Day, the running of the historic Newmarket Town Plate race and Summer Saturday Live with McBusted.
The Superheroes Day on the Friday features themed entertainment and inflatables, a face painter, Sumo Suits and Rowley’s Kids Club.? Children are being invited to come as their favourite superheroes – or their own superhero creation – for a chance to win a prize in a fancy dress competition.
The Saturday starts off with the Newmarket Town Plate, a race created by King Charles II in the 1660s. The contest is run on the Round Course, used only once a year for this event, and covers three miles and six furlongs with the finish at the Adnams July Course winning post.?
After the afternoon’s racing, McBusted arrive will arrive on stage to entertain the crowds. The band, a synergy of McFly and Busted, first came to be at the end of 2013 after the success of their performance at the Royal Albert Hall on the occasion of McFly’s tenth anniversary concert.? From the incredible reaction they received from the audiences, they decided to combine forces to create a super group.
You may also want to watch:
McBusted said: “We’re very excited to be playing Newmarket Racecourses’ Summer Saturday Live – half of us played a few years ago as McFly so can’t wait to play to the amazing Newmarket fans for the first time as McBusted.?
“We love the atmosphere of outdoor gigs, especially those in such unique locations, so can’t wait to share a glorious summer’s day.”
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 6 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
Amy Starkey, director of Jockey Club Racecourses East Region, said: “It has been a sensational summer on the Adnams July Course, with superb Summer Saturdays and seven memorable Newmarket Nights featuring some of the best music acts in the business.?
The crowds have come out in huge numbers and now we’re getting ready to bring down the curtain with a two-day extravaganza”
For tickets call 0844 579 3010 or visit their website