Singers wanted to support Suffolk Philharmonic Orchestra at Armed Forces Day Concert, in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Singers from choirs all over Suffolk are being invited to support Suffolk Philharmonic Orchestra at a “Last Night of the Proms” concert to commemorate Armed Forces Day, which is being held at The Apex, in Bury St Edmunds.
Rehearsals will take place on the day of the concert, Saturday, June 30, with morning and afternoon sessions in the town followed by the concert at 7.30pm.
Promoted by St Edmundsbury Borough Council, the Armed Forces Day Concert features the orchestra, conducted by Leslie Olive, and will be joined by Suffolk soprano Lisa Cassidy and world-famous trumpet player Crispian Steele-Perkins who recorded the theme tune to “The Antiques Roadshow”.
The concert programme will feature popular classics including the “Hallelujah Chorus”, “Land of Hope and Glory”, and “O Fortuna” – as featured on The X Factor. The Royal Coronation anthem “I Was Glad”, by Sir Hubert Parry, will complete the choral programme.
Experienced choral singers who know these pieces well can contact Wietske Hendriksen at email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available from The Apex at https://www.theapex.co.uk/whats-on/details.cfm?id=380349&ins=489523 or call the box office on 01284 758000. Prices range between £10 and £28.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk