Sky’s the limit for inaugural air show
SUFFOLK: Bentwaters Parks’ first air show takes to the skies this Sunday.
It’s building up to be an exciting day, with many top pilots and planes taking part in the displays, organised by Carolyn Grace and her team.
Many years have passed since the base last held an event like this and organisers hope the event will do justice to the Bentwaters Air Friendship Days of the past which the Americans used to put on and become an annual fixture.
With the sun behind them, visitors should be ensured of a good vantage point with fantastic views of the flight line.
There promises to be something for everyone to enjoy both in the air and on the ground with refreshments and entertainment including simulator rides, trampoline bungees, static military vehicles and not forgetting the chance to walk the flight line and see the planes up close.
Taking to the air will be the Red Bull Matadors, Breitling Wing walkers, P-51D Mustang, multi-coloured Miss Demeanour Hawker Hunter, “Sally B” B17, F86A Sabre, The Grace Spitfire, SAR Sea King, Pitts Pair, Bush Cub, FW190 scale replica and the Headcorn Parachute Club.
There will also be opportunities to fly in a Cessna.
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 9 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 10 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
The event, which runs from 10am-5pm, is in support of the East Anglian Air Ambulance and the Cold War Museum charities.
The flying schedule from 1pm–4pm is the Brietling Wing Walkers, F86 Sabre, The Grace Spitfire, The Matadors, WTT22Sqn SAR Sea King, Headcorn Parachute Club, Pitts Pair, FW190 half scale replica, Hawker Hunter “Miss Demeanour”, Bush Cub, P51D Mustangs, B17 Flying Fortress “Sally B”.
Flying is subject to weather and serviceability on the day.