Southwold: Ex-Blur singer Damon Albarn to headline Latitude
Damon Albarn is making his first ever festival appearance as a solo artist at this year’s Latitude.
The ex-Blur frontman, who releases his solo album Everyday Robots in April, will perform at Henham Park, Suffolk, on July 19. It will be his only UK festival appearance.
A member of Gorillaz, Mali Music, Monkey: Journey To The West, Dr Dee and Africa Express he’s no stranger to the festival, having appeared there in 2007 as part of The Good, The Bad and The Queen.
The multi-Brit, Ivor Novello and Grammy winner’s headlining performance is one of several Latitude exclusives this year.
Two Door Cinema Club make their first festival headline appearance and Norwegian electronic duo Röyksopp and Swedish indie-pop pioneer Robyn will make a special joint-visit as part of their Do It Again 2014 tour, the only opportunity in the UK to see it.
Winner of the BBC Radio 2 Folk Awards Roots Award Billy Bragg and his band will be stopping off for a UK festival exclusive performance and experimental Swedish band Goat’s acclaimed live show can only be seen at Latitude this summer.
The festival, winner of best line-up at the 2013 UK Festival Awards runs from July 17-20.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
As well as music, there will also be performances by leading artists from the worlds of theatre, dance, literature, film, comedy, cabaret, poetry, fashion and art.
For more details visit www.latitudefestival.com