Special remembrance concert to take place at Bury St Edmunds church
- Credit: Archant
A special remembrance concert of music and readings will take place in Bury St Edmunds to mark the 100-year anniversary of the end of the First World War.
Ladies’ choir The Aquarius Singers and guests will perform songs well-known by soldiers fighting at the front at All Saints Church in Park Road.
Also on the programme are reflective songs of the time and the concert will end with a peace anthem from Bob Chilcott’s A Little Jazz Mass.
The church’s ‘fountain’ of poppies, which were knitted by members of the congregation and the Aquarius Singers, is now also on display.
The Armed Forces Charity SSAFA and All Saints Church’s Lighting Fund will benefit from a retiring collection and refreshments will include trench cake – giving people the opportunity to experience the food of 1918.
The Aquarius Singers Remembrance Concert will take place on Sunday, November 11, at 6pm.
Contact email@example.com, 07849 314461 for more information.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 4 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 5 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 6 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Crewe win
- 8 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 9 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 10 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week