Stephen Bourne steps down as chairman of Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
The chairman of Bury St Edmunds’ Theatre Royal has stepped down following the conclusion of his four-year tenure.
Stephen Bourne said he was a “happy man” to be leaving the theatre in a much better position than he found it, highlighting some excellent recent stage shows.
“I’m so proud of the advances that have been made under Karen Simpson’s leadership in the past three years,” he said. “We really can say that the Theatre Royal now offers something for everyone. The theatre’s on a roll, and we have a fine team in place. I’m a happy man.”
The theatre is now seeking a new chairman to lead its board of trustees and work with the director to champion the next four years.
During his time, Mr Bourne oversaw what a theatre spokesman described as “major organisational changes”.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “Because of the successful work of Mr Bourne and the new theatre management team it now looks forward with more confidence and has plans to further increase its audiences and revitalise its creative and production work.”
Interested applicants for the position were asked to submit a CV and covering letter by September 12 addressed to Keith Turner (trustee), Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds, Westgate Street, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 1QR.
For more information on the role visit www.theatreroyal.org
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 10 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure