Stephen Bourne steps down as chairman of Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
The chairman of Bury St Edmunds’ Theatre Royal has stepped down following the conclusion of his four-year tenure.
Stephen Bourne said he was a “happy man” to be leaving the theatre in a much better position than he found it, highlighting some excellent recent stage shows.
“I’m so proud of the advances that have been made under Karen Simpson’s leadership in the past three years,” he said. “We really can say that the Theatre Royal now offers something for everyone. The theatre’s on a roll, and we have a fine team in place. I’m a happy man.”
The theatre is now seeking a new chairman to lead its board of trustees and work with the director to champion the next four years.
During his time, Mr Bourne oversaw what a theatre spokesman described as “major organisational changes”.
The spokesman added: “Because of the successful work of Mr Bourne and the new theatre management team it now looks forward with more confidence and has plans to further increase its audiences and revitalise its creative and production work.”
Interested applicants for the position were asked to submit a CV and covering letter by September 12 addressed to Keith Turner (trustee), Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds, Westgate Street, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 1QR.
For more information on the role visit www.theatreroyal.org
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 4 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 5 'If we're clever there's lots to learn' - McKenna on Town's Bolton lessons
- 6 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 10 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich