StowFiesta organisers hoping 2015 is better than last year’s event
- Credit: Archant
The line-up for the annual Stowmarket festival has been announced.
The line-up for Stowfiesta has been announced, with organisers hoping the event will be even more popular than last year.
The two-day festival, which is a continuation of Stowmarket’s annual festival StowFest, takes place on Chiltern Fields on Friday, June 19 and Saturday, June 20.
The free event kicks off at 7pm on the Friday, with BBC Radio Suffolk’s Stephen Foster, comedian Lloyd Griffiths.
Griffiths, who has featured on BBC Radio 1’s Comedy Club and BBC Three, will be performing his Edinburgh Festival Fringe show ‘Laugh Yourself Thin’.
You may also want to watch:
On the Saturday, there will be three stages of live music. Original acts will be performing on the Total Driving Stage, while the Gipping Press Stage will host cover acts.
New for the 2015 edition of the festival is a stage provided by the John Peel Centre for Creative Arts, showcasing the best of local talent.
- 1 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 7 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 8 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
Confirmed to play on the Saturday on the Total Driving Stage, headlined by eight piece ska band The Kubricks, are London-based rock outfit The Twice, alternative band Pistols and Vultures.
The Gipping Press Stage, hosted by Town 102’s Paul Morris, will be headlined by Soul Survivors.
Organiser David Marsh said: “We’ve been planning this year’s event for the past nine months and if the weather is kind this should be even better that last year’s StowFiesta.
“Huge thanks goes to our main sponsors The Stowmarket Mercury, Gipping Press and Total Driving, also to BBC Radio Suffolk, Town 102 and Suffolk County Councillors Stephen Searle and Gary Green, without these people and organisations there is no StowFiesta.
“As always we’ve got some fantastic bands and performers lined up, but StowFiesta isn’t just a music festival, it’s a family festival, so we’ve got a circus skills workshop, water zorbing, a rugby sevens tournament and much more.”