Take a first look inside the new Hotel Chocolat in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Shopping in Ipswich has just got a little sweeter as Hotel Chocolat has opened its doors.
The luxury chocolate brand launched its first Suffolk shop in Bury St Edmunds in 2016 and this is its second in the county.
The shop opened in Tavern Street, next to Goldsmiths and the Fone Doctor, on Friday and sells chocolate gifts and hampers.
The new store also has an ice cream machine and a range of Halloween treats on display.
Steph Thom, holding manager of the new branch, said: “We haven’t got much of a foothold in Suffolk, we’ve got one in Bury St Edmunds so it was a natural idea to put us into Ipswich.
You may also want to watch:
“We are more cocoa less sugar, that’s always been our philosophy.
READ MORE: Everything you need to know ahead of the Woodbridge Shuck Shellfish Festival 2018“We have an amazing gifting range, ice cream and an amazing range of alcohol as well.
“We’ve had a lot of people knocking on the door asking when we’re opening and taking pictures and I think everyone is really positive to see Hotel Chocolat in Ipswich.”
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 8 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
The new opening is part of wider expansion plans for Hotel Chocolat across the UK.