Take a first look inside the new Hotel Chocolat in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Shopping in Ipswich has just got a little sweeter as Hotel Chocolat has opened its doors.
The luxury chocolate brand launched its first Suffolk shop in Bury St Edmunds in 2016 and this is its second in the county.
The shop opened in Tavern Street, next to Goldsmiths and the Fone Doctor, on Friday and sells chocolate gifts and hampers.
The new store also has an ice cream machine and a range of Halloween treats on display.
Steph Thom, holding manager of the new branch, said: “We haven’t got much of a foothold in Suffolk, we’ve got one in Bury St Edmunds so it was a natural idea to put us into Ipswich.
“We are more cocoa less sugar, that’s always been our philosophy.
READ MORE: Everything you need to know ahead of the Woodbridge Shuck Shellfish Festival 2018“We have an amazing gifting range, ice cream and an amazing range of alcohol as well.
“We’ve had a lot of people knocking on the door asking when we’re opening and taking pictures and I think everyone is really positive to see Hotel Chocolat in Ipswich.”
- 1 How it unfolded, as Town pick up a 2-1 victory at Forest Green
- 2 Field fire breaks out in 27 acres of land in east Suffolk
- 3 Plans for 19 homes in Suffolk village refused
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their victory at Forest Green
- 5 Ipswich Witches ring the changes.... two riders out, two riders in
- 6 Customers in for 'real treat' when pub reopens after two years
- 7 Firefighters tackle 40-acre field fire near Ipswich
- 8 A day of firsts and the area Town simply must improve as they head to Forest Green
- 9 Forest Green Rovers 1-2 Ipswich Town: Super Blues win on the road
- 10 Driver arrested after being four times over the limit following crash
The new opening is part of wider expansion plans for Hotel Chocolat across the UK.