Pub to host ‘pawsome’ party after winning dog-friendly award
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A pub in Suffolk is hosting a party for four-legged friends to celebrate winning a national award.
The Dog in Grundisburgh, which offers tables for dogs and doggy bar snacks, was recently crowned dog-friendly pub of the year.
The pup paradise was voted the national and the East of England regional winner by judges and dog owners.
The party will take place this Saturday and is filled with doggy treats including dog cookies, cupcakes, canapes, a deli and more.
Eilir Rogers, landlady, said: “It will be a chance to celebrate and thank the people for their votes. It is touching to know how many people voted, it is heartwarming really.
You may also want to watch:
“We will have lots of dog treats as well as dog balloons which say woof, dog bunting and doggy goody bags. We might also try and play some games.”
The event will be from 3pm to 5pm and everyone is welcome.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 8 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 9 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 10 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
Amy Fisher, supervisor at the pub, added: “It is for all the four-legged friends to come down and meet all the other dogs. It will be a chance for you to cuddle them all too.”