Pub to host ‘pawsome’ party after winning dog-friendly award
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A pub in Suffolk is hosting a party for four-legged friends to celebrate winning a national award.
The Dog in Grundisburgh, which offers tables for dogs and doggy bar snacks, was recently crowned dog-friendly pub of the year.
The pup paradise was voted the national and the East of England regional winner by judges and dog owners.
The party will take place this Saturday and is filled with doggy treats including dog cookies, cupcakes, canapes, a deli and more.
Eilir Rogers, landlady, said: “It will be a chance to celebrate and thank the people for their votes. It is touching to know how many people voted, it is heartwarming really.
You may also want to watch:
“We will have lots of dog treats as well as dog balloons which say woof, dog bunting and doggy goody bags. We might also try and play some games.”
The event will be from 3pm to 5pm and everyone is welcome.
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 7 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 9 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 10 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
Amy Fisher, supervisor at the pub, added: “It is for all the four-legged friends to come down and meet all the other dogs. It will be a chance for you to cuddle them all too.”