Tenor Boe to perform at Ipswich Regent next year
ENGLISH tenor Alfie Boe will perform at the Regent Theatre next year, it’s been revealed.
Having dreamed of a career as a singer since he was a teenager growing up in Fleetwood, his break came after getting a job spray-painting cars as they came off the production line at the local TVR car factory.
To relieve the boredom, he would often sing along to the radio, for some of his work mates, while at weekends he performed on the club circuit, singing ballads, show tunes and pop standards.
A customer with links in the music industry suggested he audition for a D’Oyly Carte Opera Company tour and he went on to get the job.
Winning a scholarship to the Royal College of Music in London, after graduating he continued his training at the National Opera Studio and then enrolled on the Royal Opera House’s Young Artists Programme.
You may also want to watch:
He left the latter to to star in Baz Luhrmann’s New York production of La Boheme.
Boe released his debut album, Classic FM Presents Alfie Boe, in 2006. It was followed by two more the following year and a fourth in 2009.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 10 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
He’s performed live all over the world.
Boe will be at the theatre on January 24. Tickets for the concert go on sale at 10am tomorrow.