Tenor Boe to perform at Ipswich Regent next year
ENGLISH tenor Alfie Boe will perform at the Regent Theatre next year, it’s been revealed.
Having dreamed of a career as a singer since he was a teenager growing up in Fleetwood, his break came after getting a job spray-painting cars as they came off the production line at the local TVR car factory.
To relieve the boredom, he would often sing along to the radio, for some of his work mates, while at weekends he performed on the club circuit, singing ballads, show tunes and pop standards.
A customer with links in the music industry suggested he audition for a D’Oyly Carte Opera Company tour and he went on to get the job.
Winning a scholarship to the Royal College of Music in London, after graduating he continued his training at the National Opera Studio and then enrolled on the Royal Opera House’s Young Artists Programme.
He left the latter to to star in Baz Luhrmann’s New York production of La Boheme.
Boe released his debut album, Classic FM Presents Alfie Boe, in 2006. It was followed by two more the following year and a fourth in 2009.
- 1 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 2 Andy's Angles: Five observations from Ipswich Town's win at Forest Green
- 3 Plans for former Dorothy Perkins store in Suffolk town withdrawn
- 4 Top food event set to provide showcase for more than 100 Suffolk producers
- 5 Driver caught speeding at 94mph in 50 zone on A140 in mid Suffolk
- 6 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 7 Hunt for convicted murderer released on temporary licence in Ipswich
- 8 'A top team for League One' - Forest Green boss praises Town
- 9 See inside £715k mid Suffolk townhouse for sale after major revamp
- 10 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
He’s performed live all over the world.
Boe will be at the theatre on January 24. Tickets for the concert go on sale at 10am tomorrow.