The Script to return to play Thetford Forest next year
- Credit: Archant
The Script will return to play their fourth gig in Thetford Forest next summer.
The Irish band, who have sold more than 29 million records, will kick-off the Forest Live gigs at High Lodge on Thursday, June 7.
Their latest album, Freedom Child, which includes the singles Rain and Arms Open, topped the charts and was their fourth UK number one album.
Lead singer Danny O’Donoghue said: “We love performing as part of Forest Live. It will be our fourth trip to Thetford Forest and we look forward to making our debut at Westonbirt Arboretum.
“We hope you can join us to rock in this unique atmosphere.”
Tickets will go on sale on Friday, December 1 at 9am.
They will cost £42.50 (plus £4.75 booking fee) and can be bought by calling the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400, or online.
Take That’s Gary Barlow will be heading to Suffolk without his bandmates on Friday, June 8 as part of the Forestry Commission gigs.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 Town closing in on deal for experienced defender Keogh
- 3 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 4 'Childhood dream' as opening date nears for Suffolk coastal restaurant
- 5 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 6 Range Rover stolen from home in east Suffolk
- 7 Buildings damaged after reports of people running on rooftops
- 8 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 9 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 10 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
The Gary Barlow In Concert 2018 tour will see the star perform smaller solo concerts at 24 venues across the UK, and the Thetford Forest gig will be the penultimate date of the tour which will kick off on April 16 at Edinburgh Playhouse and finish on June 9 at Delamere Forest in Cheshire.
Fans were quick to snap up tickets and the concert has sold out.
Former Beautiful South duo Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott will also perform as part of the gig series, two years after their last appearance.
They will play material from their albums as a duo as well as songs from The Beautiful South and the Housemartins, on Saturday, June 9.
Beloved British songwriter Billy Bragg who will be making a special guest appearance.
Tickets are still available.
One more act, to perform on Sunday, June 10 is still to be confirmed.