The seven best dog friendly beaches in Suffolk and north Essex
- Credit: Archant
Check out our list of dog friendly beaches so your four legged friend doesn’t have to miss out on the family outing.
Southwold has been voted one of the best beaches to take your dog in the UK despite them being banned from April 1 and September 30.
The UK’s leading pet emergency service, Vet Now, has named Southwold Pier as one of the safest dog friendly beaches.
Corton Sands beach
Let your dog run free and even get involved in a game of Frisbee on this friendly beach!
However, make sure your four legged friend stays hydrated in the heat.
- 1 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 2 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 3 Woman in her 80s dies after being pulled from the sea
- 4 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 5 Residents help firefighters tackle huge blaze near homes
- 6 Ex-Town striker joins League One rival
- 7 'Appalling thugs' - U's owner apologises after crowd trouble at Portman Road
- 8 'Save water' Suffolk households urged as hosepipe bans imposed elsewhere
- 9 Tributes paid to 'very nice couple' found dead at home
- 10 Town set for another bumper crowd against MK Dons
Vet Now has said Claremont Pier is also one of the best dog friendly beaches in the UK.
However, they are banned from certain areas of the beach from May 1 and September 30.
With Walberswick beach being so close to the village your pooch can enjoy the local park, as well as the beach.
Heading to check out the shops might be a good idea if your dogs paws get too hot on the sand.
Thropeness beach is lined with colourful, quirky modern homes which make the area even more picturesque.
Enjoy your day by the sea, but make sure there are no jellyfishes lurking in the water to hurt your dog.
Have hours of fun at Dunwich beach and make sure you treat yourself to an ice cream.
But as you tuck in make sure your dog isn’t snacking on seaweed, this can make your pet very ill.
Mersea Stone beach
If you love searching for shells then this beach is perfect for you.
Did you know that, like humans, short haired dogs need sun cream too? Make sure you have it packed.