The Voice comes to Suffolk as former judge Kylie and current mentor Ricky Wilson of the Kaiser Chiefs announce Newmarket Nights gigs
- Credit: Archant
Pop princess Kylie and indie rockers Kaiser Chiefs are coming to Newmarket Nights this year.
“I’m so excited to be performing at An Evening At The Races. I’ve an amazing band and fabulous dancers and we can’t wait to share my hits with you in a beautiful summer outdoor show. Being from a horse racing city like Melbourne, I’ll be sure to have a flutter on the horses myself,” said the ex-The Voice UK coach.
Playing some of the world’s biggest and best arenas during her 28-year career, she’s known for her spectacular live shows.
Scoring her first UK number one in 1987 with I Should Be So Lucky, Kylie’s clocked up 44 UK Top 40 hits like Spinning Around and Can’t Get You Out Of My Head and sold more than 70million records worldwide. She plays Newmarket Racecourse June 19.
Current The Voice UK coach Ricky Wilson and the rest of Kaiser Chiefs return to Newmarket on July 31.
You may also want to watch:
The multi-million album selling Brit Award-winners shot to fame in in 2005 with I Predict A Riot, followed by hits including Oh My God, Everyday I Love You Less and Less and Ruby. Their latest LP, Education, Education, Education and War, smashed into the number one spot on the UK album chart last year.
“Newmarket Nights and the global singing sensation that is Kylie go together wonderfully well. She is a hugely popular artist and her legions of followers will be thrilled she will be performing on The July Course on June 19,” said Amy Starkey, regional director east of Jockey Club Racecourses.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Numbers don't look good but there are turnarounds Town can take from
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
“We’re expecting a rush for tickets for one of the must be there music events of the whole of 2015, so all racing and music fans are urged to reserve their tickets as soon as they can for the opening concert of the 29th series of Newmarket Nights.
“We’re also delighted Kaiser Chiefs are playing Newmarket for the second time in three years on July 31. They wowed a big audience in the summer of 2013 and I am sure their fans will be keen to see them as they bring their unique brand of music back to The July Course again.”
Before both shows there will be six races to enjoy too. Tickets go on sale from 9am, February 6, at www.thejockeyclublive.co.uk