Tickets on sale for Last Night of the Jubilee Proms in Ipswich’s Christchurch Park
Get out your picnic baskets and unfurl those rugs as Ipswich celebrates The Last Night of the Jubilee Proms this summer.
Ipswich Borough Council is hosting the classical concert in Christchurch Park on Saturday, June 30, as part of this year’s Ipswich Arts Festival.
Playing at the open-air picnic concert will be the Heart of England Philharmonic Orchestra and special guest soloists Natasha Marsh and Nathan Pacheco.
Expect all the usual last night favourites including Rule Britannia, Jerusalem and Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture as well as a host of modern favourites including West Side Story and I Could Have Danced All Night. It will all end with a bang courtesy of a spectacular firework display.
Soprano Marsh’s debut album topped the classical chart. She has an impressive opera repertoire and appeared as a special guest for artists including Jose Carreras and Russell Watson. Tenor Pacheco won more fans while Katherine Jenkins’ guest on her Daydream tour. His debut album is out this September.
You may also want to watch:
Event producer David Mansfield says: “Natasha Marsh gave a fantastic performance two years ago when she performed with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in Christchurch Park and Nathan Pacheco has been described as having “a voice that will open your heart and touch the soul from the very first note”. It’s going to be a very special performance.”
Gates open at 6pm so ticket holders can enjoy their picnics before the performances, which start at 8pm with the evening ending around 10pm.
- 1 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 2 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 3 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 4 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 5 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 6 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 8 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 9 One person taken to hospital after A12 crash
- 10 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
Tickets are on sale now at www.ip-art.com or from the Ipswich Tourism Office and Regent Theatre.