Uprock joins forces with new record label for live showcase
IPSWICH: A popular club night is to celebrate the first full release of an independent record label with a live showcase.
Uprock – which has a proud history of promoting local talent including Ed Sheeran, DELS and The Cheek – is joining forces with the Deaf Surfer label for a night of live music at The Swan in Ipswich on Saturday.
The night will celebrate the launch of an EP by James Spankie, a singer and multi-instrumentalist from Sudbury, who will be performing on the night.
EP 2 will be Spankie’s full debut release, as his first EP was released only on his website.
The record has received airplay from Radio 1’s Huw Stephens and 6 Music’s Lauren Laverne and Huey Morgan.
You may also want to watch:
The EP, which will be available on Monday, also marks the first full release from the Deaf Surfer label, which was set up in the summer by Richard Haugh, a co-promoter of Uprock, and Lee Sullivan.
“We’re really pleased for the EP to be doing so well as it’s really difficult to get such coverage without a radio plugger or established label – and lots of money,” said Mr Haugh.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 5 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 8 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 9 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 10 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
The new label also includes Me & The Neck, who will also be performing on the night, and Ipswich band The Cads.
Spankie’s EP will be available on limited edition seven-inch vinyl from major outlets, including HMV and Amazon, and can be downloaded from iTunes.
Me & The Neck’s new EP, Wake The Blood, is also being released by Deaf Surfer. It is available to download for free, but a limited number of CDs will be available at the gig, featuring a remix by Joseph Grand.
Admission to the club night and gig is free. For more information go to www.uprocker.com.