V Festival adds more comedians to Glee Glub Tent line-up
- Credit: Archant
V Festival has added more established and up and coming stand-ups to The Glee Club Comedy Tent line-up.
Headliners Frankie Boyle and Russell Kane will be joined by award-winning comedian Matt Richardson, An Irishman Abroad star Jarlath Regan, Suzi Ruffell, Tom Deacon, Luisa Omielan and Paul McCaffrey.
“Last year my V Festival sets were two of my favourites of the year and I’m really excited to be going back and hopefully seeing some new faces. It’s great that comedy is such a huge part of the line-up,” said Richardson.
Making her second appearance at the festival Ruffell said: “It’s an honour to be joining a tent crammed full of the finest comedy talent around. As a comedian, you’re usually on your own when on the road, so I’m looking forward to getting together with the rest of the line-up and watching them on stage too.”
Kevin McCarthy and Mark Olver will act as emcees, with other additions including Simon King, Andrew O’Neill, Jen Brister, Gareth Richards, Marlon Davis, Prince Abdi, Danny McLoughlin, Craig Murray and Andy Robinson.
You may also want to watch:
Seann Walsh, Shappi Khorsandi, Nick Helm and Gary Delaney are also headlining during the weekend. V Festival takes place August 22-23 at Hylands Park, Chelmsford.
- 1 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 5 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 6 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit