Video - Film of the Week: Unstoppable
DENZEL Washington’s new train-based thriller Unstoppable is the pick of this week’s new releases.
Film of the week: Unstoppable (12A)
Starring: Denzel Washington, Chris Pine, Rosario Dawson, Ethan Suplee
In a Pennsylvania rail yard, Dewey (Suplee) foolishly jumps off a slow moving freight train in order to race ahead and change a set of points.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, the throttle sticks forward and the carriages - packed with a highly flammable liquid - speed down the line without a driver or any brakes.
Yardmaster Connie Hooper (Dawson) clears the entire line to prevent a head-on collision.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 7 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
But further down the line, it falls to veteran engineer Frank Barnes (Washington) and conductor Will Colson (Pine) orchestrate a daring rescue plan to slow down the train before it reaches the notorious Stanton curve and certain disaster.