Video/Gallery: Mid Suffolk Light Railway prepares for Easter weekend
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk heritage railway museum have been making the finishing touches ahead of the first event of a busy programme in 2015.
Members of the Mid Suffolk Light Railway (MSLR) were making sure the engines and trains ran smoothly before the Easter Steam Up on April 5 and 6.
The event will take place at the museum in Brockford.
All three engines, the 1936 Bagnall 0-0T W/No. 2565, the Hudswell, Clarke 0-6-0T W/No.1700 (the last steam locomotive in regular commercial use in East Anglia) and the Belgian Cockerill tram engine, will be running, along with the railway and museum facilities open.
There is the chance to take part in a trackside walk, take a steam train ride, and Easter egg hunts for children.
You may also want to watch:
The MSLR’s new bar coach, the Kitchener Arms, will also be open for business.
There are also events planned by the museum on every bank holiday and summer Sunday from May 24 to August 31, as well as driver experience courses.
For more information, and entry prices, vist www.mslr.org.uk or call 01473 890622.~
- 1 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 2 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 7 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 10 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move