Video: X Factor favourite lives up to billing
EAST Anglia’s X Factor favourite Matt Cardle sailed through the latest round of the television talent contest last night.
The 27-year-old, of Little Maplestead, near Halstead, again secured rave comments from the show’s four judges.
He charmed audiences with his version of Elton John’s Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, acknowledged by judges as being a challenging song to perform.
Simon Cowell said: “I was worried about this song because it’s very difficult song to make work over two minutes.
“I could see your nerves at the beginning but suddenly halfway through you went up a gear and I could have listened to another two or three minutes.”
You may also want to watch:
“Every week you never let me down,” said judge Louis Walsh. “Matt - you’re the one that everyone has to beat!”
The former Stoke College pupil has performed consistently well in the contest and he remains the bookies’ favourite to win this year’s ITV1 show.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 4 A12 closed following serious collision
- 5 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 6 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 7 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 8 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 9 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 10 Air ambulance called to medical emergency