What’s on Wayne: Reviewed, How To Train Your Dragon 2 (PG), Cineworld Ipswich
- Credit: PA
Viking Hiccup and his dragon Toothless take on the dreaded Drago Bludvist, looking to add to his army of dragons in this fantastic sequel, which will grip adults as much as the kids it’s aimed at.
I’ve never really connected with previous DreamWorks movies, the characters just seem to lack life. The first HTTYD, which I saw for the first time a few weeks ago, changed that.
This sequel ups the emotional ante; reminding me of the Empire Strikes Back in terms of surprises and, most significantly, some scares. It’s a dark movie at times given its target audience.
It’s not all heavy stuff though, with plenty of silliness from the other dragon riders and the whole thing looks stunning.
Adults might find a couple of the plot points predictable and the return of a face from Hiccup’s past could’ve been dealt with better than with a song. If the inevitable third film is as good as this it could be up there with Toy Story in terms of animated franchises.
You may also want to watch:
My only grumble is I don’t have my own dragon.
See today’s paper for the chance to win these movie goodies courtesy of Cineworld Ipswich on Cardinal Park. Check out the paper’s Event guide every Friday for more merchandise and ticket giveaways.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 6 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 Incoming Town CEO Ashton 'set to poach Bristol City head of football operations' - report