Wickham Market: Village raises a toast to organisers of three-day beer festival
- Credit: Archant
A three-day festival of beer, food and live music has been welcomed by a community still reeling from the loss of its last remaining pub.
The Turner and Taylor Hog and Ale Experience brought its travelling beer festival to Wickham Market village hall over the weekend in a bid to lift spirits in the town.
Festival organiser Ross Turner said he thought it went “really well” considering the time of year.
“I’m pleased that the people of Wickham Market came out and seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves,” he said.
Wickham Market Town Team chairman Colin Owens is hoping for more events like this in the future.
He said: “Village centres need to be offering leisure and culture to draw people in, so we really welcome it.”
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 7 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 8 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 9 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
- 10 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK