Wickham Market: Village raises a toast to organisers of three-day beer festival
- Credit: Archant
A three-day festival of beer, food and live music has been welcomed by a community still reeling from the loss of its last remaining pub.
The Turner and Taylor Hog and Ale Experience brought its travelling beer festival to Wickham Market village hall over the weekend in a bid to lift spirits in the town.
Festival organiser Ross Turner said he thought it went “really well” considering the time of year.
“I’m pleased that the people of Wickham Market came out and seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves,” he said.
Wickham Market Town Team chairman Colin Owens is hoping for more events like this in the future.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Village centres need to be offering leisure and culture to draw people in, so we really welcome it.”
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 7 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
- 8 Police seize 37 dogs and make one arrest after raid in Essex
- 9 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff