X Factor reject Gamu told to leave UK
POPULAR X Factor reject Gamu Nhengu, whose cutting from the show caused a storm among viewers, has been told to leave the UK, it was confirmed today.
The teenager, kicked off the show by judge Cheryl Cole at the weekend despite being a huge hit with fans, must return to her native Zimbabwe, the UK Border Agency said.
Miss Nhengu, 18, was allowed to stay in the country as a dependant while her mother, Nokuthula Ngazana, studied at university.
But her visa has now expired and the family’s application to remain has been rejected as they did not meet Home Office criteria.
The family has now been told to leave the UK voluntarily or face deportation.
You may also want to watch:
Since she was kicked off the show, 210,000 people have joined a Facebook group saying she should have been put through to the final 12.
At least one of the rejected contestants will be given a lifeline at the weekend as a ‘wild card’ on Saturday night’s programme, although it is thought Miss Nhengu will not be among them.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
TreyC Cohen is expected to be Cheryl’s ‘wild card’ contestant.
- What do you think? Let us know by posting a comment below. And read Star Editor Nigel Pickover’s blog on the X Factor racism row by clicking the link to the right of this story.