X Factor reject Gamu told to leave UK
POPULAR X Factor reject Gamu Nhengu, whose cutting from the show caused a storm among viewers, has been told to leave the UK, it was confirmed today.
The teenager, kicked off the show by judge Cheryl Cole at the weekend despite being a huge hit with fans, must return to her native Zimbabwe, the UK Border Agency said.
Miss Nhengu, 18, was allowed to stay in the country as a dependant while her mother, Nokuthula Ngazana, studied at university.
But her visa has now expired and the family’s application to remain has been rejected as they did not meet Home Office criteria.
The family has now been told to leave the UK voluntarily or face deportation.
Since she was kicked off the show, 210,000 people have joined a Facebook group saying she should have been put through to the final 12.
At least one of the rejected contestants will be given a lifeline at the weekend as a ‘wild card’ on Saturday night’s programme, although it is thought Miss Nhengu will not be among them.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten
TreyC Cohen is expected to be Cheryl’s ‘wild card’ contestant.
- What do you think? Let us know by posting a comment below. And read Star Editor Nigel Pickover’s blog on the X Factor racism row by clicking the link to the right of this story.