X Factor’s Ray Quinn no-longer Peter Pan at Princes Theatre, Clacton, 2018/19
- Credit: Archant
There’ll be no trip to Neverland for Ray Quinn this Christmas, after he had to pull out of Clacton’s Princes Theatre panto Peter Pan.
Due to circumstances beyond the Tendring District Council-run theatre and production partners Polka Dot Pantomimes’ control, a replacement is being sought.
A statement from Quinn’s management company said: “We would like to extend our appreciation to Polka Dot Pantomimes, the Princes Theatre and their customers for their understanding in regards to this situation and wish Polka Dot all the best at securing a new Peter Pan for panto this coming Christmas.”
Mick Skeels, Tendring District Council’s cabinet member for leisure and tourism, said while the news was disappointing he was confident they would find a stellar replacement.
“This is of course very unfortunate news for both the theatre and Polka Dot, but I would like to wish Ray all the best.
You may also want to watch:
“In the meantime, Polka Dot are back to the drawing board in their hunt for a celebrity to take the role of Peter Pan and as soon as this role has been cast we will make an announcement.”
The panto runs December 8-January 1.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 6 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain