Tottenham want French number one Lloris
Tottenham Hotspur are in the hunt to sign Lyon and France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris.
The Daily Star suggests that the keeper is wanted at Tottenham, although Lyon would want �16million for him to move to White Hart Lane. The paper also reports that Spurs are interested in 27-year-old Santi Cazorla, after the Spaniard scored 9 goals in 34 appearances for Malaga last season.
Meanwhile, North London rivals Arsenal want Athletico Bilbao’s Fernando Llorente should their captain Robin Van Persie leave the club, according to the Daily Mail. The 6ft 5in striker has a �28million release clause in his contract at the La Liga club.
Another player linked to Arsene Wenger’s side is Brazilian midfielder Ganzo, with scouts reported to be looking at the Santos player during Brazil’s pre-Olympic friendly with Team GB at Middlesbrough tonight (Daily Mirror).
One Gunner set to leave the Emirates is Andrey Arshavin, with Qatari side Al-Sadd hoping to beat Zenit St. Petersburg to the signature of the 31-year-old (Daily Mail).
Elsewhere, Liverpool’s player of the season Martin Skrtel’s contract negotiations have stalled, with Manchester City and Zenit St. Petersburg showing interest in the defender (The Times).
Chelsea are closing in on signing Eden Hazard’s younger brother Thorgan, with the 19-year-old set to move to Stamford Bridge from the Ligue 2 club for around �1million (Metro). Potentially heading out of West London is young left-back Ben Gordon, who could be heading on a season long loan to Birmingham City (Daily Star).
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 6 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 7 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
Newly promoted Southampton could break their transfer record for a second time this summer by making an ambitious �8million bid for PSV’s Jeremain Lens (Daily Star), although the Sun report that the transfer figure would be less than half that, with a �3.5million deal more likely.
In the Championship, recently relegated Blackburn Rovers are one of three club chasing Spanish right-back Miguel Torres, with both QPR and West Ham United also interested in the 26-year-old (The Sun).