Transfer rumours: Arsenal face losing both Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott, Tottenham are willing to listen to offers for Rafael van der Vaart but Luka Modric’s dream move to Real Madrid is set to collapse and ex-Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola could be Russian-bound
JUVENTUS have stolen a march on the Premier League in the pursuit of Robin van Persie.
That is according to the Daily Mirror who claim the Arsenal striker is ready to snub England and move to the Italian giants.
And the Mirror report that the Gunners could be hit with a second blow with Theo Walcott next to leave as his contract, like van Persie’s, enters its final year.
In response to losing their talisman, Arsene Wenger could turn to Stevan Jovetic and Robert Lewandowski as replacements, say the Daily Mail.
The Mail also claim Tottenham will listen to offers of around �10m for Rafael van der Vaart and fellow playmaker Luka Modric has an equally uncertain future – with his �35m move to Real Madrid close to collapse.
The Times say Manchester United are willing to pay �20m for Portugal midfielder Joao Moutinho while Manchester City star David Silva is set to sign a new �52m, five-year deal, so says the Daily Star.
In rumours affecting Championship clubs, Brighton are set to launch an audacious bid to grab Manchester City full-back Wayne Bridge on loan (Daily Mail) while Birmingham City face a fight to keep hold of England starlet keeper Jack Butland with Spurs considering a �7 million bid (Daily Mail).
- 1 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 2 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 3 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 4 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 6 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 7 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 8 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 9 Hot ticket for what could be a big night... AFC Wimbledon v Ipswich
- 10 Town skipper Morsy handed four-game ban after Accrington charge
There are also numerous stories saying Middlesbrough are close to signing former England centre-back Jonathan Woodgate, who is now a free agent after his release from Stoke City.
Away from action on the pitch, the Mail also reports that former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola could be the next national manager of Russia.