Transfer rumours: Huntelaar’s U-turn hits Arsenal while Sturridge to Liverpool stalls
With New Year just around the corner, Edmund Crosthwaite takes a look at some of the potential transfer dealings rumoured to be in the offing.
Everything that was rumoured yesterday now appears to be complete tosh as various players eventually make up their minds as to where to go or not go.
Despite Arsenal apparently opening contract negotiations with Klaas-Jan Huntelaar in the past few days, the Dutchman has now decided he’d like to stay at Schalke after all and will put pen to paper on a new contract in the next few days, according to the Metro.
Daniel Sturridge’s move to Liverpool could be in doubt after negotiations stalled apparently because of difficulties regarding agent’s fees. Sturridge’s advisors are reported in the Daily Mail as having differences of opinion with officials at both Chelsea and Liverpool, so the England striker’s medical was postponed.
The follically endowed Andy Carroll is hankering after a return to his native Newcastle according to the Daily Star. The �35m striker who is on loan at West Ham has been told by Liverpool supremo Brendan Rogers he will be allowed to leave Anfield in the summer.
You may also want to watch:
Former Blues striker Darren Bent is looking at more competition for a forward’s berth at Aston Villa after the news that Paul Lambert is lining up moves for two new attackers.
Crystal Palace’s Glenn Murray is the Championship’s top scorer with 20 this season and is linked with a �1m move to Villa in the Daily Star, while ManCity’s John Guidetti, 20, is being seen as a loan target if they can beat Sunderland to his signature.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
A young striker from the other half on Manchester could also go out on loan as Wigan boss Roberto Martinez starts talks with United over bringing 18-year-old Chilean Angelo Henriquez to the DW for the rest of the season (the Sun)
Strikers are the order of the day it seems with West Brom telling Millwall and Brighton they are prepared to sell young New Zealander Chris Wood – if they are willing to stump up at least �1.5m for the 21-year-old.
And Newcastle could strike lucky with Marseille’s Loic Remy. The 25-year-old has apparently said he would welcome a �10m move to the Tynesiders.