Wright-Phillips returns to training
Shaun Wright-Phillips returned to England training this morning, with Ledley King and James Milner the only absentees.
SHAUN Wright-Phillips returned to training this morning as England continued their preparations for their World Cup opener against the United States in Rustenburg.
With England’s World Cup campaign looming large, coach Fabio Capello wanted all his players available – and the Italian has almost got his wish.
With Wright-Phillips now recovered from the minor knee injury which forced him to miss training yesterday, the only absentees were Ledley King and James Milner – both of whom did solo sessions in the gym.
For King it was a normal day considering he rarely trains with the main group due to his chronic knee problems, while Milner was allowed a light session after reporting a high temperature yesterday.
Although Gareth Barry has ruled himself out of Saturday’s game, Capello has yet to do so and the Manchester City midfielder did train with the main group again, proving his recent ankle problem is now behind him.
The Football Association are also playing down reports that goalkeeper David James is troubled by a minor knee ailment and insist he is fit and available for selection – even though Robert Green is favourite to face the USA.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 3 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 4 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 5 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 6 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 9 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town