Wright-Phillips returns to training
Shaun Wright-Phillips returned to England training this morning, with Ledley King and James Milner the only absentees.
SHAUN Wright-Phillips returned to training this morning as England continued their preparations for their World Cup opener against the United States in Rustenburg.
With England’s World Cup campaign looming large, coach Fabio Capello wanted all his players available – and the Italian has almost got his wish.
With Wright-Phillips now recovered from the minor knee injury which forced him to miss training yesterday, the only absentees were Ledley King and James Milner – both of whom did solo sessions in the gym.
For King it was a normal day considering he rarely trains with the main group due to his chronic knee problems, while Milner was allowed a light session after reporting a high temperature yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Although Gareth Barry has ruled himself out of Saturday’s game, Capello has yet to do so and the Manchester City midfielder did train with the main group again, proving his recent ankle problem is now behind him.
The Football Association are also playing down reports that goalkeeper David James is troubled by a minor knee ailment and insist he is fit and available for selection – even though Robert Green is favourite to face the USA.
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases