Did you ever visit Ipswich's Emperor Inn pub?
- Credit: JOHN KERR
Did you ever enjoy a night out at the Emperor Inn pub in Ipswich?
If you did ever spend an evening or two at the watering hole, you may spot yourself in some of our photos.
The pub, which was loved by so many in Norwich Road, has since been converted into a Tesco Express after closing in 2013.
The inn first opened in 1843 and used to host bands and events, attracting many punters.
The pub hosted a fun day in 1996 and had a bouncy castle in the beer garden, which was enjoyed by many children.
The Emperor Inn is just one of the many sorely missed pubs in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a Christmas appeal held in the pub in 1966, where locals raised money for a Christmas tree.
Its former regulars campaigned to keep The Emperor Inn open before its closure.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 4 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 9 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 10 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss