Asda store cordoned off for 12 hours amid police incident
- Credit: Archant
Harwich’s Asda supermarket has been cordoned off by police for nearly 12 hours amid reports of a man on the roof of the store.
Essex Police were called to the incident at the Main Road shop at about 8.50pm on Tuesday, August 4.
The cordon remains in place this morning and the store is shut while police deal with the incident.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “We are working with our partners and the store management as we deal with this incident.
“We have put cordons in place and the store continues to remains shut. Please avoid the area.
You may also want to watch:
“We thank people for their support and assistance.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions