Travel, parking and photos - see our live coverage of opening day of the Bury St Edmunds Christmas Fayre
- Credit: RACHEL EDGE
One of the biggest festive markets in the country gets underway today in Suffolk - will you be visiting the 18th Bury St Edmunds Christmas Fayre?
From 12pm visitors will pour into the historic market town for the opening of the four-day festive fiesta.
Thursday is traditionally known as 'locals' day' with residents nipping in to shop, eat and be entertained before the tourists arrive.
More than 300 stalls are set up along the medieval streets and halls selling crafts, wines, gift and foods and there will be a packed programme of live music and entertainment.
MORE: Your guide to the fayre
This evening will see the East Anglia Children's Hospice children's parade at 5.30pm, the annual carol concert at 6pm and of course the fireworks in Abbey Gardens later on at 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
Many of the shops in the town centre will be staying open late and Santa will be waiting in his grotto in the Arc Shopping Centre where nice children can discuss their Christmas lists.
This year the town has readied itself for the enormous task of accommodating the thousands of shoppers but car parks across Bury are still expected to fill up quickly.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
On Friday and Saturday there will be 13 hours to enjoy the festivities from 9am until 8pm and on Sunday it will open from 10am until 5pm.