New roadside retail unit planned for new A140 roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A developer has snapped up a prominent 3.5 acre site off a new roundabout on the A140 near Eye for retail use.
Godwin Group plans to create a roadside retail site — which could be a petrol station and/or store — at Eye Airfield, Yaxley.
It would cater for around 5.4m road users which pass along the A140 annually — and particularly by commuters between Norwich and Ipswich.
It would also support a large new development taking shape off the trunk road, which includes 600 homes and 230sq m of industrial park land which is expected to create 2,000 new jobs for the town, the developer said.
MORE — East’s logistics sector ‘set to make big gains in 2021’, says developerThe development, which will occupy land alongside Castleton Way, leading from Yaxley to Eye, is also positioned next to a large existing industrial estate in Langton Green.
A new roundabout is under construction to support the new development.
You may also want to watch:
Nikesh Solanki, development manager at Birmingham-based Godwin Developments — which specialises in roadside retail and commercial property projects — said: “We are delighted to announce we have successfully secured another prominent roadside development opportunity.
“The site in Yaxley benefits from a great location alongside a very busy road. When complete it will align well with the current regeneration that is taking place in the area and will server commuters as well as the local community.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
- 8 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 9 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 10 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
“We would like to thank Irwin Mitchell for the legal advice provided on this transaction, as well as land agents Clarke and Simpson. We look forward to working with the local community, statutory consultees, and Suffolk County Council in the next stage of this development.”