Ipswich firm announces new sponsorship deal with FA
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich turf company has revealed it will once again be supporting the region’s unsung heroes.
Ransomes Jacobsen is teaming up with the Suffolk FA for a seventh successive season.
The firm will sponsor the Groundsman of the Year competition and the Suffolk FA Awards Ceremony later this year.
MORE: Suffolk beauty spot to get £600K upgradeSales director Will Carr said the Ipswich firm was proud to carry on the tradition and support the invaluable contribution of grassroots groundsmen and other volunteers.
He said: "Local football wouldn't function without pitches, and often Suffolk's groundsmen work far above the level required of them."
The Groundsman of the Year competition is held annually in the county and is open to clubs at Step 7 and below.
You may also want to watch:
The Suffolk FA Awards Ceremony is also held annually and as well as the Groundsman of the Year winners, presentations will be made to county winners of The FA and McDonald's Grassroots Football Awards .
The ceremony will take place at Portman Road before Ipswich Town's fixture against Rotherham United in October.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge