‘Thrilled’ country pub in running for best game chef award
- Credit: Archant
A pub chef from Suffolk will be taking part in a cook-off to find the country’s best game chef.
Dave Wall, of the Unruly Pig, at Bromeswell near Woodbridge, has reached the semi-finals of the Game Chef of the Year 2020 awards which take place on Monday, November 11.
Pub owner Brendan Padfield said they were "thrilled" at his nomination.
"Dave certainly deserves all the accolades and we take pride in serving the very best locally sourced game," he said.
MORE - 'We are all very proud' - Ipswich chef named best in countryThe chef's seasonal menus regularly include venison, pheasant, pigeon, partridge and rabbit.
"Game is a very nutritious and lean meat," he said.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "It's been an incredible year for us all at The Unruly Pig and we're delighted to be in the semi-finals competing against such talented chefs. It's a huge honour to come this far."
Mr Wall has enjoyed a strong run of success this year. He was recently named Chef of the Year in the Great British Pub awards 2019 and scooped the Pub Restaurant Chef Award at the Craft Guild of Chefs Awards 2019.
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies