Third arrest made following death and cocaine police warning
- Credit: Archant
A 20-year-old man from north Essex has been arrested on suspicion of supplying drugs after a man died.
Officers executed a warrant in Clarendon Way, Colchester, at around 8pm last night and arrested a 20-year-old man on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs.
He remains in custody for questioning.
This follows the Essex Police warning, relating to a dangerous batch of the class A drug cocaine.
The warning came after a 22-year-old died in the early hours of Saturday morning, November 25, at an address in Egerton Green Road, Colchester.
A 20-year-old woman from Colchester, who also became unwell, remains in hospital but is in a stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
She is currently assisting police with their investigation.
Last night’s arrest is the third made in the wake of the man’s death on Saturday.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 8 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 9 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 10 Shoplifter caught stealing £829 worth of alcohol from Sainsbury's
Two more men, aged 20 and 35, from Colchester were arrested on suspicion of drugs offences but have been released under investigation.
Essex Police urge anyone who feels unwell after taking drugs in the area to seek medical advice.
If you have any information or any concerns, please call Colchester CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.