Teenager arrested after man found with life-threatening injuries
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Police have arrested a teenager in connection with an attack in Colchester town centre that left a man with life-threatening injuries.
Officers from Essex Police were called to reports of a fight in the town shortly before 4.20am on Saturday and found the injured man, who is in his 40s, in St Botolph's Street shortly after.
A 20-year-old man from West Bergholt was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
Essex Police later confirmed that a 19-year-old man had also been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
The pair both remain in custody for questioning.
Police do not believe any weapons were used in the fight.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information that could assist officers in their investigation is urged to contact Essex Police, quoting incident number 232 of August 28.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 7 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash