Covid rule breaker travelled from Colchester to Norwich to deliver birthday present
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Police have fined a woman who travelled from Colchester to Norwich to deliver a birthday present despite Covid-19 rules.
Norfolk police said they had taken action after the woman made the 61-mile trip last weekend as part of a crackdown on those breaking coronavirus rules.
It is not known how much she was fined.
Police across the country are cracking down on people who break the tough restrictions of the third national lockdown.
Under the rules brought in on January 6, people can only leave their home if they have a reasonable excuse - such as for once a day exercise, buying essentials or travelling to work if they cannot do so from home.
You may also want to watch:
Last weekend, Suffolk police handed out 39 fixed penalty notices, compared to six fines issued the previous weekend.
In Suffolk, the crackdown included carrying out vehicle checks in Felixstowe.
Assistant chief constable Rob Jones said officers would be stricter about imposing fines.
- 1 Suffolk Instagram star spreads body positivity for 'mid-size' girls through fashion
- 2 Former bakery goes up for sale after restaurant plans fall through
- 3 Suffolk events going ahead this summer which you can enjoy
- 4 Hair salon and cocktail bar opening new Suffolk site as demand 'goes bananas'
- 5 A140 closed this weekend to connect road to new roundabout
- 6 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 7 Murder probe launched after woman found dead at Ipswich flat
- 8 Covid patient admissions drop at Ipswich and Colchester hospitals
- 9 'I don't want to tarnish the good feelings I have with the fans' - Lambert on Celtic vacancy
- 10 Ex-Town star named as U's boss