Suspected drug driver arrested after serious crash with motorcyclist
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A man has been arrested on suspicion of drug driving after a collision on the B1127 in Wrentham left a motorcyclist with potentially life-changing injuries.
A grey Renault Clio and a blue Yamaha 79 motorcycle collided in Chapel Road, at the junction with Guildhall Lane, shortly after 5pm on Thursday.
The motorcyclist, a 31-year-old man, was flown by air ambulance to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, having suffered potentially life-changing leg injuries.
The road was closed by officers until around 10pm, while a crash investigation took place and the vehicles were recovered.
A 32-year-old man from the Southwold area was subsequently arrested on "suspicion of driving with excess drugs" and was taken to Great Yarmouth police investigation centre.
He has been released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to the collision are asked to contact the Roads and Armed Policing Team at Suffolk police's headquarters in Martlesham on 101, quoting reference number 49940/21.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 5 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 6 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 7 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 8 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 9 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 10 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon