Man charged with number of offences after stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with a number of offences following an incident at a house in Bury St Edmunds at the beginning of the month.
Police were called to a property in Out Westgate at around 8.10pm on Sunday, October 3 to reports a man in his 40s was assaulting a man in his 60s inside.
A woman, who was also at the property, is then alleged to have assaulted the man in his 40s.
When police arrived on the scene, they found a man had sustained a number of stab wounds to his legs.
A 56-year-old woman was subsequently arrested on suspicion of assault, causing grievous bodily harm and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre.
She has now been released on bail until October 25 pending further enquiries.
One man was arrested on suspicion of assault causing actual bodily harm and was taken to hospital for treatment.
Jason Midgley, 47, of Out Westgate in the town, was charged on October 8 with two counts of criminal damage, one count of assault, one count of threats to kill and attempted GBH.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 9 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 10 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
He appeared before Norwich Magistrates' Court on October 9 and will next appear at Ipswich Crown Court on November 8.
Midgley was remanded in custody.